Claverham Community College Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Claverham Community College Safeguarding Policy is a statutory policy and sets out a clear a consistent framework to deliver the promise as defined by the principles in Keeping Children Safe in Education. “Where a child is suffering from harm, or is likely to do so, action should be taken to protect that child. Action should also be taken to promote the welfare of a child in need of additional support, even if they are not suffering from harm or at immediate risk”.
Claverham Community College is a community; all those directly connected (staff, governors, parents, families and pupils) have an essential role to play in making it safe and secure. We, at Claverham Community College, recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children.
Claverham Community College recognises the importance of providing an ethos and environment that will help children to feel safe, secure and respected; encourage them to talk openly; and enable them to feel confident that they will be listened to. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
Our College core safeguarding principles are:
– It is a whole school responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children as its paramount concern
– All children (defined as those up to the age of 18) regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection
– All children have a right to be heard and to have their wishes and feelings taken into account
– All staff understand safe professional practice and adhere to our code of conduct and other associated policies
– All staff have a responsibility to recognise vulnerability in children and act on any concern in accordance with this guidance.
Please see below links to our policy and support material for child protection and safeguarding.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and Procedure
- Contacting the L.A.D.O.
- FGM Statement
- Keeping children safe in education – Statutory guidance for schools and colleges
- Keeping children safe in education – Information for all school and college staff
- Working Together to Safeguard Children